June 15, 2008

When I grow up....

Today (June 14th, 2008) is World Wide Knit In Public Day.  I thought it is like Cinco de Mayo (no matter what day of the week it is, the date is fixed), but looks more like a Fathers' Day (set as particular day of the week of the month, like second Saturday of June in case of WWKIP day.)

Anyway.

I couldn't make it to the nearby event.  It's not that I had an emergency hospital visit or anything.  I just couldn't find out enough reason in my participation to the event, to take my daughter, who was already tired from visiting farmers' market earlier (not so early, like 9:00 to 9:30) in the morning, to the crowd.

I really wanted to go, I actually brought my knitting bag to the farmers' market, intended to go to the event directly from there.  But, I found a basket of beautiful blackberries I wouldn't leave in the car on a sunny June day in Texas, so I had to go home to put it in the fridge (or at least on the kitchen counter).  When we got home, I remembered I had a load of laundry to take care of and bananas to be baked into banana bread (they were way past over-ripen, I threw out two of them because they smelled like banana liquor.)  And my daughter didn't want to go out again even to have lunch at the park, which is very unlikely of her.

My husband?  He had gone to golf.

I guess I am not in the stage of my life to go to a knitting event.  I can't wait to grow up (as a knitter).

Hope everybody who went to WWKIP event had a blast.

No comments: