March 30, 2008

Lace Scarf


My Friend Cynthia's beaded lace scarf. I have never, ever thought of knitting with beads (OK, maybe just a thought),  it was dreadful to think about fiddling thousands of beads. Here, pretty simple and beautiful project. She is thinking of second scarf with same pattern with beautiful silk/camel yarn. I have never, ever thought of knitting silk. Any exotic fiber is beyond my imagination. I have never tempted by musk ox, camel, yak, nor vicuña. Except alpaca, yes, and llama (I do have one hank of llama yarn bought in Colorado) . Her projects whisper me getting one little hank of gorgeous silk or oh-so-soft-and-beautiful something (I can't find anything from my poor knitting vocabulary). For my next birthday present, for example.


edited; I removed her photo from this post.  I don't have her permission to use the photo.  It is on flickr, public setting, but I don't think that means I can use her photo without asking her.  As a common sense.  It's not that she got mad at me to use her photo or anything.  I post it, and went to bed, and it seemed to me that I did a wrong thing. I am going to ask her about it via e-mail.

edited again; Cynthia kindly let me use the photos.  Thank you so much. 

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

Read your message from me on ravelry. You have my permission.

Cynthia