March 08, 2011

baby baby baby


baby baby baby
Originally uploaded by O'Chica


These are for my friend's family. They were expecting a baby boy, who safely came to this world on February 16th.

For the baby, a pair of newborn sized booties (with string tie) and a pair of bigger size grown-up-looking socks. Stripe & solid (the yarn is mix of yellow and white, so not-so-solid actually) cloth is a double-knit wash cloth.

And a little something for the rest of the family, Mom, Dad, big sister and big brother (who is a classmate of my daughter). Sock charm, with the same yarn I used for little Reiki.

Yarn; Avril M-1056 organic cotton(brown) and N-9042 cotton twist (yellow/off-white).


Needles; KnitPicks Harmony DPNs, US #0 (2.00 mm)


Pattern, or no-pattern; Universal Toe-Up Sock Formula by Amy Swenson in Knitty summer 2006 for the booties and socks. Small sock charms are made cuff-down, with Stephanie Pearl-McPhee's sock recipe. Washcloth? Who needs a pattern for a plain rectangle washcloth?


I'm looking forward to hear of the arrival of another little boy. His family has a skilled and loving knitter/crocheter, so I won't knit for him... I just send yarn :-)

No comments: