December 09, 2007

pumpkin



Halloween is all about orange and black.  It is the bright color that counts, not fiber content.  That is the reason I knit this sweater with acrylic yarn I bought at WalMart. 
The balls were huge.  Leftovers made this throw and still here.
For the sweater, I got an instruction for universal EPS-based sweater (but from top down) from about.com-knit or somewhere on the internet.  Jack-o-lantern pattern, too. Throw is a stitch sampler. For each square, I picked one stitch from 365 Knitting Stitches a Year Calendar
by Ed Martingale.
Because I thought "Jack-0-lantern" would be too difficult to say for my then-15-months-old-daughter, I taught her to say "Boo!" when she see a pumpkin or Jack-o-lantern.  It looked she thought it was the pumpkin's name.  This year, she still said "Boo!" whenever she found a Jack-o-lantern.  I wonder she is going to teach that to her own child.

No comments: